By Derek Iwasiuk
February 06, 2007
AntsSoft today announced the release of Domain Inspect version 1.6.
Domain Inspect is a feature-rich domain name checker software, enabling
you to quickly and conveniently find desired domain names to register.
The built-in database embraces more than 100 popular gTLDs and ccTLDs.
You may choose to manually input domain names, import domain name list
in a file or have domain names based on keywords automatically
generated. Domain Inspect simultaneously checks availability and link
popularity of more than one domain names at a time, and the result can
be saved, printed or exported into other formats like Excel, HTML, etc.
If you are looking for an ideal domain name to register, Domain Inspect
is the right utility you'll need.
Below are some of the most significant Domain Inspect features:
- In Manual Mode, Domain Inspect supports manual input of domain names.
It can also be used to import list of domains but override their TLD.
- In Wizard Mode, users input main keyword and designate theme, and
Domain Inspect automatically generates a domain name list for checking.
Current preset themes include "Common", "Business", "Educational",
"Fun" and "Sport". Users can also customize keywords, import or export
the list of keywords from a text file and save own keywords as custom
theme for later reusing.
- In Advanced Mode, users designate keywords and relative rules, and
Domain Inspect finds out all the keywords combinations matching the
rules to generate domain names. The rules define whether a keyword is
Optional or Mandatory for domain names, and where keywords appear in
domain names (at the beginning, end, or middle, digital order and their
- Domain Inspect can import domain name list or any text files, and
automatically extracts all the valid domains to add to project.
- The current storage of Domain Inspect's WHOIS database amounts to
more than 100 popular gTLDs and ccTLDs. The program automatically
obtains updated version of database from our website whenever it is
- Domain Inspect supports two different kinds of protocol to work with
servers -- WHOIS and HTTP. It automatically selects the suitable
protocol based on the database.
- Domain Inspect can check link popularity from Google, HotBot and
AltaVista, number of listings in Yahoo and DMOZ directories, domain
popularity of Overture and traffic rank of Alexa.
- Domain Inspect supports proxy servers, including HTTP Proxy and SOCKS Proxy.
- Users may designate the number of lookup and retry times upon
failure. In some cases, a server may regard an enormous number of
lookups in short time as "spamming" and thus denies service. One way to
avoid the denial is to designate waiting interval between two lookups.
- Users may check a selected domain name in trademark databases of USA,
UK, and Canada, and Domain Inspect will automatically open relative
websites in web browser for users to register or backorder the domain
- Domain Inspect supports print and print preview. You may print the
domain name list and relative checking results when a lookup is
- Checking results can be exported into files of other formats. Domain
Inspect supports such formats as Excel, HTML, XML, CSV, and TXT.
- Domain Inspect supports Clipboard. Users may copy selected domain
names and checking results to Clipboard, and all the domain names in
current Clipboard can also be extracted and added to project via a
Domain Inspect runs under Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista and costs
$49.95 (USD) for a single-user license. Registered customers are
entitled to unlimited functionality, free minor updates and lifetime
The 30-day fully functional evaluation version of the program can be downloaded for free at http://www.antssoft.com/download/domaininspect.zip.
Founded 2001, AntsSoft is an independent software vendor focused on
developing applications for Web site building, management and
promotion. Our software catalogue includes such top-sellers as SWF Text
and HTML Protector which are successfully marketed in over 27 countries
of the world. For more information, please visit us at http://www.antssoft.com.