December 8, 2008; 09:31 AM
TORONTO, Dec. 8 /CNW/ - Tucows Inc., (AMEX:TCX, TSX:TC) a global provider of domain names, email and other Internet services, today officially welcomes Hover (http://hover.com) to its family of web services.
Hover is a hassle-free domain management service that makes it easy for anyone to buy a domain name, set up a personalized email address and connect a domain name to all of their web services - in seconds.
"Many providers will sell you a domain name, but none make it really simple to use those names," said Ross Rader, General Manager, Hover. "Our goal is to make domain names as easy to use as they are to buy."
Hover's features include:
- Hover's innovative URL forwarding tools make it incredibly easy to manage your personal identity online:
- Use Hover to point other people to various web pages. For example, rather than sending someone a link that looks like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCutOJ5YfMk , you can use Hover to create "shortcuts" that look like this: http://awesomelawncare.com/tips or http://howto.awesomelawncare.com.
- Hover helps users create personalized email and email forwards that share the same personalization as the domain name. This helps get rid of ugly email addresses like: [email protected], replacing them with personalized addresses like [email protected] awesomelawncare.com
- They also include simple, easy-to-use domain management tools like WHOIS privacy and DNS management all included at no extra charge.
Hover offers three options for selecting domain names:
- Use a simple search that offers helpful domain name suggestions to easily find that perfect domain name. At launch, Hover offers .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .BIZ, .US and .CA, with more options coming soon.
- Bring an existing domain name that you registered with another provider to Hover and take advantage of Hover's advanced features and easy-to-use management tools.
- Choose a "Personal Domain" based on your first and last name for the ultimate in personalization. Hover offers access to over 39,000 surnames for web addresses and email.
Hover is the only domain name management service to offer a free trial, allowing users to check out some of the Hover tools before paying. Paid Hover accounts all include:
- A domain name
- Unlimited domain and link forwarding
- Easy POP, IMAP and webmail upgrade options
- Unlimited customer support via email, web and telephone
- Customized, ad-free and iPhone-compatible Hover page
- Easy-to-understand pricing with no confusing upsells or add-ons.
Hover is clear and open with users about their rights and responsibilities as a domain name owner. There are no over-complicated domain ownership rules or shifty practices. Instead Hover provides easy-to-read terms and conditions, an interactive Domain Name Timeline and other tools to give customers the information they need to manage domain names without a hassle.
"With Hover we've taken more than 12 years of experience selling domain names and combined it all with the latest web technologies to make domain name registration simple and less confusing," said Elliot Noss, President and CEO, Tucows. "There's no reason that the average person should feel intimidated, or confused when buying a domain name. Hover delivers on its promise to make a domain name as easy to use as it is to buy."
Hover takes a "best practices" approach to domain sales, using Tucows wholesale services provided by OpenSRS as its foundation. Tucows Retail Services is unifying its ItsYourDomain (IYD) retail, NetIdentity and Domain Direct domain registration services on Hover. Customers of IYD (It's Your Domain) were transferred to Hover last week. Domain Direct and NetIdentity customers can look forward to being transferred in early 2009.
Tucows is a global Internet services company.
OpenSRS manages over 8 million domain names and millions of email boxes through a reseller network of over 9,000 web hosts and ISPs. Hover is the easiest way for individuals and small businesses to manage their domain names and email addresses. YummyNames owns premium domain names that generate revenue through advertising or resale. Butterscotch.com is an online video network building on the foundation of Tucows.com. More information can be found at http://tucowsinc.com.
For further information: Leona Hobbs, Director of Communications, Tucows, [email protected], (416) 538-5450