There is a currently a great job opening at Sedo for a Director of Business Development.
By Kathryn Donahue
DomainInformer.com Contributing Author
January 19, 2007
Director of Business Development
Sedo (www.sedo.com) is the world’s leading online marketplace for buying and selling domain names and websites. The company’s overarching mission is to connect businesses and individuals with a high-quality domain name for their online presence. In pursuit of this goal, Sedo has assembled the world’s largest database of domain names for sale, with over 6 million listings. Buyers and sellers are brought together through a searchable online marketplace, and conduct negotiations anonymously using an offer-counteroffer system. Sedo has introduced a range of related services, including domain name escrow/transfer services, domain name appraisals, a domain brokerage service, domain name marketing, and paid domain name parking. The success of Sedo’s model has attracted a global membership base of over 350,000 domain professionals. Sedo is headquartered in Cologne, Germany with our US office located in Cambridge, MA and employs a total of 120 people.
Sedo is part of the United Internet Group (www.united-internet.com), which is Germany’s largest publicly noted Internet company. United Internet includes famous online brands as GMX, Web.de, 1&1, Schlund+Partner, InterNetX, twenty4help, Adlink, Affilinet and Sedo.
Our culture is passionate, creative, quick, customer centric, daring, and execution oriented. We have a strong focus on accountability through setting aggressive strategic goals and working together as a team to hit them. With corporate revenue increasing at triple digits yearly since company foundation in 2001, we are aggressively pursuing our competition in the vision of being the leading domain name market place in the world.
As a Business Developer in our organization you will play a key role in a diverse range of sales functions and be responsible for developing relationships with our existing key partners and clients as well as play an integral role in developing new ones. In this role, you will report to the CEO and will work closely with the different departments in our organization to set, shape and execute the partnership and sales strategies of our companies. If you’re looking for a challenge, this is it. The functions you will direct and oversee in this role are:
- Partnerships with Registrars, Whois Sites and Web Hosting companies
- Partnerships with Domain and Traffic Monetization companies
- International Inside sales – Inbound telesales and customer support
- International Inside sales – Outbound telesales to existing consumer customer base
- Wholesale and distributor sales
A very talented and intelligent individual, you possess the rare combination of a metrics and process based approach to sales, along with solid personal sales and sales management skills. You have strong problem solving skills and through your intelligence and logical reasoning skills, have built sales systems creating predictable results in various situations.
A true team player, you work effectively and get along with many different types of people. Others know you as a consummate professional who always meets deadlines and acts with the utmost integrity. With a passion for working closely with others, you enjoy all aspects of the relationship building process including the generation of new leads, client prospecting, and fighting the occasional fire. You should posses excellent negotiation/ closing techniques, follow through, outstanding organizational skills, great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.
We are looking for highly motivated and qualified individuals who seek an opportunity to grow with in an organization. The ideal candidate would have some degree of internet experience, preferably in a professional context. In your impressive career, you have applied your exceptional closing and relationship building skills on numerous occasions in your previous working experiences. Your high success rate and overall performance in previous environments will help you to succeed with in our organization. Candidates with a first class familiarity of internet markets are greatly desired. The Requirements
- Must possess a BA or BS from a 4 year institution
- You are career oriented and willing and able to work long hours for success and progressive reward.
- Display an affinity for working with strong personalities in a sales/negotiation context
- You have at least 3-4 years of highly successful personal selling experience in B2B and B2C environments. This should include outbound consumer telemarketing, business lead generation, and corporate sales of both a business development and distribution/wholesale nature.
- You are technically savvy with CRM solutions, the internet and excel.
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written formats
- Confident and professional phone manner
- Excellent organizational skills and follow through
- Meets deadlines on time
- Works well on teams and individually
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enjoys all aspects of sales cycle and primarily relationship development with clients.
Aside from the scope of the challenge and the opportunity to build true sales culture from the ground up, the major benefit of this role is the rewards that come from progressing as a key executive in a highly profitable, rapidly growing company. We are willing to compensate well for the right talent in this role. Compensation will be based on experience, and your track record of success. Along with a range of benefits, compensation for this position will include a strong base salary and performance based bonus structure.
The position will be based in our office in Cambridge, MA. Some degree of travel (mostly Europe and US) is required.
Sedo.com offers the unique experience of working for a large international company in a global industry with a small company feel. We offer:
· A casual and friendly working environment
· Seasonal company fun days
· Flexible working schedule
· Competitive vacation package including sick and personal days
· Competitive healthcare package
· T access and onsite parking garage
· Fully stocked kitchen
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectation to our human resources department for immediate consideration [email protected]
Marketing Associate at Sedo.com, world's largest and only global domain marketplace and parking provider.